Here are a few ways that you can work for a cure. Most of these tasks can be done on your schedule, from home or work. The time commitment can be as short or as long as you make it. These positions are currently available. Please notify us if you would like to take on one of these tasks so that we can avoid duplicates. These tasks may seem small, but they add up to making great strides. Thank you for contributing your time for cancer:
- Find companies that have given money to cancer causes
- Find government agencies that finance cancer causes
- Find foundations that finance cancer causes
- Compile lists of past donors (individuals) to cancer causes. If they gave once, they’re likely to give again.
- Prepare grant proposal for submittal.
- Take our list of the top 500 companies in the US and determine which of them give to cancer causes. Report this information back to us.
- Search for available cancer-related jobs in the pharmaceutical industry and send contact information back to us.
- Search for available cancer-related jobs in hospitals and send contact information back to us.
- Search for available cancer-related jobs in non-profit organizations and send contact information back to us.
- Search for available cancer-related jobs in government organizations and send contact information back to us.
- Develop a list of not-for-profit cancer-related organizations
- Develop a list of for-profit research companies, ie: Merck
- Find a personal connection with a decision-maker in a cancer-fighting organization. Use the six degrees of separation method to find them. Let us know about this person so we can pass our information on to them.
- Search online and print publications for articles written about cancer. Contact the authors by sending them our pre-written letter to make them aware of OYFC and to encourage them to write about us.
- Write the speech an OYFC representative will give
- Organize OYFC high school/college/community club
- Make appointments for speaking engagements at rotary clubs and other similar forums.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of our t-shirts and other logo gear
- Search PHD and masters thesis subjects from top universities for ones done on cancer research. Find out how research is done and where the issues are.
- Contact top consulting companies and approach them to do research on non-profit cancer organizations and how they’re run