The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is looking for volunteers and people interested in working for them. The need help with their three biggest events, but they also need help within the organization. They are looking for someone to do:
- graphic design
- event planner
- marketing and public relations
- identify and write grants
- motivational speakers for their events.
If interested or would like more information, please contact Melissa Casafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The also need help for their three biggest events; The first is called Team in Training, which is a program that helps train people patricipating in marathons, half marathons, century rides and triathlons across the country. In exchange for training and support, participants help raise money towards cures for blood cancers like leukemia. They are looking for people to work as trainers to work as coaches for this program. Please contact Laura Giorlando at email@example.com or 908-956-6609.
The other event is called the Light the Night Walk, which is a nationwide evening walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by cancer. Participants carry illuminated balloons during a 2 mile walk, which is followed by entertainment, food, and activities. They are looking for people to help coordinate and plan these events. Please contact Melissa Casafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, Patient Services is looking for volunteers. These volunteers will have the opportunity to help in many aspects of supportive health services including in the School & Youth Program, which visits schools and teaches kids about fundraising and blood cancers. They are provided materials, a curriculum and great incentives.
Other Available Volunteer Opportunities for L&LS Patient Services Department:
- Respond to requests for educational materials and services
- Increase community awareness of health issues by assisting in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs
- Provide administrative support (make copies, organize mailings, manage RSVPs) for programs and events
- Increase community awareness and access to our services by attending meetings and events to promote the Society mission and resources
- Database management
- Support the chapter Advocacy efforts
- Motivational Speakers with a relationship to cancer
If you are interested in taking on one of these positions, please contact Deborah Halpern at email@example.com or 908-956-6607.
We have provided a few listings of opportunities so that you can get to know what the jobs they offer entail. Please note that they have many more opportunities than these listed, so please contact the above persons if you would like to participate but do not find a listing that is suited for you!
- Cycle Coach, Team In Training, Austin, TX
- Run/Walk Marathon Coach, Team In Training, Austin, TX
- Triathlon Coach, Team In Training, Austin, TX
Los Angeles, CA
North Highlands, CA
San Francisco, CA
- Team In Training Cycle Coach – Lake County
- Team In Training Cycle Coach – South Bend
- Team In Training Run Coach – Indianapolis
- Team In Training Triathlon Co-Coach – Indianapolis
- Team In Training Triathlon Coach – Fort Wayne
- Team In Training Triathlon Coach – Lake County
- Team In Training Walk Coach – Indianapolis
Hunt Valley, MD
Shawnee Mission, KS
Golden Valley, MN
New York, NY
- Marketing and Communications Internship
- Patient Services Intern
- School & Youth Internship
- Team In Training Intern
San Antonio, TX
Mount Laurel, NJ
Hollywood , FL
White Plains, NY