Looking for a way for you and your friends to give back? Susan G. Komen for the Cure of Northern NJ Needs Volunteers for Race Day
Every year all over the country, Susan G. Komen for the Cure holds Race for the Cure. Every year they raise hundreds of thousands of dollars. 75% of what they raise will go back into the local communities to cover every step in the breast health journey- from education, outreach, mammograms and diagnosis, to surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation. The remaining 25 percent of each dollar you raise funds international research to discover the causes of breast cancer, and, ultimately, its cures.
If you are interested in participating in the 3 mile Race, you can contact your local Susan G. Komen for the Cure. You can also volunteer through OYFC to help them to facilitate the Race. These events could not happen without valuable volunteers like you!
Here’s what the Northern NJ Chapter of Komen needs for their race, taking place on Sunday, April 25th 2010 in Essex County Branch Brook Park, Newark in Volunteer Development Manager, Colleen’s, words:
“I will need volunteers for race day to assist with the clean-up all day. They will be on a rotation around the park, picking up cardboard, breaking down the lower area as the top is in full swing, etc. I need as many as you can get.
Also, for set up on Saturday, April 24th I could use anyone that would like to help. I prefer adults due to the equipment. Fork lift operators, etc.”
If anyone is interested in volunteering either before or during the event, please contact Colleen directly, at 908-277-2904 ext. 31 or email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for volunteering your time!